Our website address is: https://positivealpha.co.in.
Effective Date: July 01, 2023
- Who Are We?
- How Do We Collect Your Data?
- What Personal Data Do We Collect?
- How Do We Process and Use Your Data?
- What Is the Legal Basis for Processing Your Data?
- Who Do We Share Your Data With?
- International Data Transfers
- How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
- How Do We Protect Your Data?
- Your Rights Under Applicable Data Protection Laws
- Direct Marketing and Unsubscribing from Marketing
- How Can You Contact Us?
- Who Are We?
Positive Alpha is a data controller for applicable data protection laws. This means we decide how and for what purposes your data is processed. The applicable data protection laws in India govern the processing.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
We collect your data both directly and indirectly. We collect your data directly when you:
- Please register for our CFA programs or courses.
- Please create an account on our website.
- Register for events, webinars, or courses.
- Apply for pre-employment verification or background screening.
- Use our online community platforms or learning platforms.
- Purchase our products or services.
- Volunteer with Positive Alpha or sign up as a mentor or mentee.
- Respond to surveys or interact with us via phone, email, or website.
We may also collect your data indirectly through our relationship with your employer, educational institutions, or third-party service providers who may purchase products or services on your behalf.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect the following personal information:
- Your name, contact details (email address, phone number), and other identifying information.
- Information about your CFA qualifications, including examination results, certifications, and history of qualifications held.
- Information is provided for pre-employment verification or special consideration applications.
- Your preferences and consent for receiving marketing communications.
- Information about your membership, including payment transactions, interactions with us, and membership history.
- Usage and tracking data from devices you use to access our website or services, collected through cookies and similar technologies.
Please note that we do not store payment card details on our systems. If you make a card payment online, you will be redirected to a secure payment service provider who will handle your payment on our behalf.
How Do We Process and Use Your Data?
We process and use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing CFA programs, courses, and services.
- Communicating with you and managing our relationship.
- Processing payments and delivering products or services you have purchased.
- Maintaining your CFA qualification records and history.
- Providing membership services and benefits.
- Administering pre-employment verification and special consideration applications.
- Conducting surveys, statistical analysis, and reporting to improve our services.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Marketing our products and services to you, subject to your preferences and consent.
What Is the Legal Basis for Processing Your Data?
We rely on one or more legal bases to process your data:
- Performance of a contract: To fulfill our obligations under your agreements, such as providing CFA programs, courses, or services you have registered for.
- Legitimate interests: Pursuing our legitimate interests in delivering information and services to you effectively, as long as such claims do not interfere with your rights.
- Legal obligations: Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements to which we are subject.
- Consent: When you have provided explicit consent for us to process your data for specific purposes, such as direct marketing.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We may share your data with the following parties:
- Third-party service providers assist us in delivering our services, including examination partners, training providers, event organizers, and payment processors.
- Your employer or educational institution, if they are involved in your CFA qualification or enrollment process.
- CFA Institute, relevant CFA Member Societies, and other CFA interest-based communities.
- Professional bodies, regulators, and law enforcement authorities as required by law or regulation.
- Marketing service providers for marketing purposes, subject to your consent.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our service providers handle your data securely and only use it for the purposes we disclose to them.
International Data Transfers
As an Indian website, we primarily store and process your data within India. However, in some instances, we may transfer your data to countries outside India to deliver examinations, events, or courses and to provide online community platform services. When transferring data internationally, we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your data, such as definitive contractual clauses approved by Indian authorities.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For examination candidates, we may retain your data indefinitely as proof of your examination history. After you cease being a customer or member, we may retain your data to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or to respond to inquiries or complaints.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We have appropriate technical and security measures in place to protect the security of your data, including physical and technical safeguards. However, please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet (including by email) is not entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data transmitted to or by us.
Your Rights Under Applicable Data Protection Laws
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Access, rectify, or request the erasure of your data.
- Restrict the processing of your data.
- Request the portability of your data.
- Object to our processing of your data.
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your data (where applicable).
To exercise these rights or lodge a complaint, please contact us at [email protected]. If you are based in the EU, you may also contact our EU representative, details of which are provided above.
Direct Marketing and Unsubscribing from Marketing
We will only provide you with marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in the communications or contact us directly.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your data or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. You can also contact us via the Contact Us details provided on our website.
Last updated: [August 01, 2023]